Monday, January 10, 2011

How It All Began

When I was a young girl, we had a cow that shared the barn with my sister's horse. We called the cow "Gimpy" because one of his back legs was genetically deformed, causing him to limp a bit. I spent a lot of time in the barn talking to Gimpy, and looking into his eyes. I very much enjoyed Gimpy's company, especially since my sister, Sandy, and my brother, Scott weren't all that thrilled with hanging out with me. I was the youngest, and they had better things to do I suppose. 
I came home from school one day to find my friend Gimpy missing from the barn. When I asked Aunt Mary and Uncle Charlie where he was, the answer was "the freezer." I was devastated, and my heart broken! Oh hell, I'm tearing up just revisiting that memory. I avoided the little white packages in the freezer from that day on. I have always had a special place in my heart for animals, especially the furry ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment